Monday, January 23, 2012

Mispronounciations I Love

I'm really enjoying E's less than perfect articulation. It seems like J picked up words so quickly and perfectly that we didn't have much of that cute phase of baby talk.
E's cutest phrases are:
"Howdd mah handd!" (i.e. "hold my hand" for when she wants you to go somewhere with her, if you are not already standing, it's followed by a "puwwwwl!"
"Weed tah mee! Weed tah mee!" (for "for read to me" she rarely says it just once)
"(person she needs) weh aw yooo??" ("where are you" also repeated and said loudly, usually from the top of the stairs"
She's in love with "knock knock" for doors but will sometimes use it to get our attention when we are reading or on the computer or something.
Her versions of Grandma and Grandpa have evolved. She's said "drama" and "lampa" and a combination of the two.
Her favorite song right now is "Teach me to Walk In the Light" but she calls it "Take a Walk."
And I melt nearly every time that she says "Oh! Mank-you Mommy, mank-you!!" She's the most verbally grateful 19 month old I've ever met!
And when she's really happy about something we get a "yippee! yippee! I lub it! I lub it!" with some giggles on top ("I love it").

It's amazing to us how expressive she is and how well she communicates verbally with all of her family. Aunts and Uncles and cousins understand her pretty well. I will really miss when this phase ends.

In other news, J has been using her "ibagulation" (imagination) a lot lately, oh is it fun to just listen to her tell the stories of her animals, or leggos, or princesses, or whatever she's playing with. There are a lot of witches and weddings and babies being born these days. I love her "ibagulation" too!

No comments:

Post a Comment