Tuesday, January 17, 2012

J's Future

J has been very interested in family relationships, especially when my Grandpa came to live here last fall. It's a pretty neat thing to have four generations in one household! She's got it all figured out, who my husband is, who grandma's husband is, who great grandpa's wife is, who is who's daddy and mommy, and who is who's sister and aunt and even that E will be her kid's aunt someday and I will be their grandma. Going through all of this almost always gets us to the question "But Mommy, who will be my husband?" I tell her different things, like "I don't know" and stuff like "a very good man who loves you and Heavenly Father very much" and then there is always the "who do you think?"

Today she was telling me how much she loves Diego. And I asked her "how much do you love him?" and "as much as I love Daddy?" Then I told her "maybe you should marry Diego." She looked at me like I was clearly not thinking straight and said "But, Mom, he's not in our world."

Then she turned her head to the other side and thought for a moment and then said hesitantly, "but maybe someday he could come to our world..." and then she trailed off like it was silly and then shook her head. My three year old, the realist.

1 comment: